KICKSTART EVENTS GRANTS – THE EASIESt AND FASTEST WAY TO ACCESS FUNDING FOR YOUR EVENT IN OUR REGION.
Southern Grampians Shire Council is pleased to announce new “Kickstart Events Grants” grants – the easiest and fastest way to access funding for your event in our region. This nimble program provides a much-needed cash injection to directly pay for required goods and services to assist our events to rebound post-COVID. Greater Hamilton events occurring between 21/4/22 and 30/6/23 can now apply for up to $4,000 each.
The application process is simple and closes Tue 12 April- don’t miss it!
Limited timeframe – apply now!
SO HOW DOES IT WORK?
WED 23 MARCH GRANTS OPEN
Read the below guidelines and get in touch with our team, should you need guidance.
TUE 12 APRIL GRANTS CLOSE
Submit your application, alongside your budget, and any attachments – early applications are encouraged.
THU 14 APRIL NOTIFICATION
Applicants are notified of the outcome within two days of applications closing and can start sourcing goods and services.
WED 18 MAY DEADLINE FOR INVOICES
Last date to provide Council invoices to reimburse your funded items.
GUIDELINES & faQS
What are Kickstart Events Grants?
- This exciting quick-response program has been co-funded by Regional Development Victoria’s Regional Recovery Fund and Southern Grampians Shire Council.
- These grants form a one-off, easy to apply for grant round specifically to assist not for profit organisations, groups and committees organising events.
- The grants will assist groups to restart, develop, enhance, promote or to make COVIDSafe, a new or returning event, by making available additional support to events occurring in the Southern Grampians Shire.
Who can apply?
- Funding is for events that occur within the Southern Grampians Shire boundary between Thursday 21 April 2022 and Thursday June 30 2023.
- Funding will only be made available for not for profit organisations, groups and committees.
- Events may include community events; festivals; markets; performances; corporate events; conferences; sporting events; workshops; fundraisers and competitions.
- Events can be existing or emerging, with a long history or brand new!
- If you have previously received funding from Southern Grampians Shire Council you are still eligible to apply, but you must have acquitted any previous grant applications.
How do I apply?
We’ve made these grants as easy as possible to apply for.
1. ONLINE FORM –
Online applications are preferred – use THIS FORM once you have your budget and supporting materials on your device to upload.
Note: we recommend that you prepare your application form answers in a Word Document/Notes ready to copy and paste into the online form. If you need assistance completing the form, contact us.
2. EMAIL – You may also submit your application via email – send your responses to the questions in the online form alongside your attachments to email@example.com.
3. PRINT – Paper-based application forms are available on request at the Market Place Council office; 1 Market Place Hamilton VIC 3300 or the Hamilton & Grampians Visitor Information Centre: 1 Hamilton Place Hamilton VIC 3300. You may submit your printed/written application alongside your budget and any attachments in person at any Council office. Please seal your application in an envelope marked “Attn: Events Team, Economic Development & Tourism Unit, 1 Market Place, Hamilton VIC 3300.”
How will the applications be assessed?
Your application will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- How the goods or services required will benefit the event
- The contribution of the event to your community as it emerges from COVID19
- Expected number and origin of attendees at the event
- How the event/project will be promoted
What can the funding be used for?
Funding is available to support events through the direct purchase of goods or services.
Council will pay your supplier directly, whether that’s a media outlet, shop, contractor or service provider.
You may like to apply for funding for:
- Help to make your event COVIDSafe – e.g. infrastructure, barriers, signage for a check-in station etc.
- Help to reach new audiences – e.g. digital marketing campaigns such as targeted Facebook ads, advertising packages with digital/print/radio/TV media, professional media releases etc.
- Content creation – e.g. event videos, promotional content, professional photography, graphic design of assets e.g. brand toolkits, social posts, event teasers, posters/flyers.
- Turning virtual, or running a hybrid event – e.g. live-streaming costs, fees for event capture and online distribution.
- Infrastructure – e.g. backdrops, stages, accessible toilets, water stations, AV equipment.
- Innovative event highlights – e.g. special kids activities, engaging activations, unique food/beverage experiences, unmissable performers.
- Development of your digital footprint – e.g. website and social media account creation.
- Enlisting specialist skills to professionalise your event – e.g. hiring consultants to assist with set projects, strategic work, future-proofing your event or event management.
- Fees for professional performers, guest speakers, cultural protocols like a Welcome to Country or Smoking Ceremony, event MCs, lighting/sound engineers.
- Upskilling volunteer committees – e.g. fees for specific accreditations, skills development opportunities or training to enable professional, safe events to go ahead.
- Fees associated with meeting regulatory requirements – e.g. consultant fees for applying for Building/Planning permits.
- Traffic Management Plans – e.g. creation and implementation of plans for events affecting traffic on roads, closing carparks or activating streets and laneways.
The above list is not exhaustive, but provides some examples of items you might like to apply for funding for.
What can't the funding be used for?
Funding cannot be used for:
- Events occurring before Thursday 21 April 2022 or after Thursday June 30 2023.
- Events occurring outside of the Southern Grampians Shire local government area (check here).
- Donations, prize money or trophies.
How much money can I apply for?
- Applicants can apply for amounts of up to $4,000 plus GST in goods and services.
- There is no cash contribution required by applicants, but a budget will need to be provided confirming other supporting funding used to conduct the event.
What's the timeframe?
- Grants Open – Wed 23 March
- Grants Close – Tue 12 April
- Grants Assessed – Wed 13 April
- Events Notified – Thu 14 April
- Event sends invoice from each goods/service provider to Council for payment – Fri 15 April to Wed 18 May
- Event completes simple survey to acquit grant funding – 30 days post-event.
Note: Eligible events can take place between Thu 21 April 2022 and Thu 30 June 2023.
What else do I need to know?
- Your event must comply with all appropriate local, state and federal government regulations, including insurance, permits, permissions and licences, and a commitment must be made to ensure that risk is managed appropriately.
- Council may choose to partly fund your application.